Editing Beauty standards video, my goal was to cut awkward scenes from my videos and add small effects such as zooming in and out and fading into black or white. I am not adding a soundtrack onto my videos because it is a discussion video and I do not want people to be distracted.
In order for me to begin editing our video on the schools software, I had to download it first. The main challenge was trying to get a website using the schools wifi that allowed us to do that. Many of the websites were restricted. eventually I found a website called online video convertor.
I converted the video to mp4
I decided to use Adobe After effects to edit my videos, I thought it would be a lot easier to use this software.
The first thing I wanted to do was cut out pieces of my video were either me or Elisa made mistake. Unfortunately I could find the effect I need in order to make this happen. Elisa mentioned that I would be easier to edit using Premier pro so I decided to use it as well. Also we decided that I would edit our last video and she would edit our second to add some individuality to our channels.
I decided to use Premier pro instead. In order to cut a video on After effects you could only drag the timeline from either end, however its a lot more difficult to cut pieces inside an audio.
The first thing I did was watch my video and try to separate it into sections, The cut tool was on the side. It allowed me to cut in between audios, when I was editing I noticed that the transition from one speech to another was very short. This made things very tricky because it was really difficult to edit one scene without completely altering the other. When I record my second video and I make a mistake I am going to make sure to pause so that it is easier to edit.
I added effects between some mistakes and transitions so that the video would look more professional.
In order for me to be able to use the edited video on YouTube I have to render it.
The rendering process itself took a very long time, my video is around 30 minutes long, When I was trying to render my video the first time I could not find the file on my documents. I rendered it three times until I decided to change the name so I could locate it a lot easier. When I did finally find the file I noticed that the first 6 minutes of it was black. I tried to remove it on Premier Pro but I ran out of time and decided I would just edit that out on YouTube or download an app on my phone instead. I might just write in the description to ignore it.
When I was uploading my video to YouTube, I decided to upload it immediately to make sure that I do not lose the video.
Because my video was over 10 minutes long I had to verify my channel.
This was how my channel looked after I uploaded the video. I was not entirely happy with the video after it was uploaded because their was so editing errors, and I did not think my video looked as good as other videos. Hopefully that wont affect people wanting to watch it. The video has only been uploaded for a couple of hours and already someone has commented so I hope it keeps moving forward.