Violence statistics ;
Fighting UK statistics ;
- 40, 829 offences involving knives or sharp instruments
- 6% increase in knife crimes
- Murder and manslaughter crimes rose by 12%
- 732 killings
- 11% increase in robberies
- 2% decrease firearm offences
- 12% increase in fraud offences
- 28% decrease in computer misuse
- 3% fall in burglaries
- The police recorded a 19% rise in violent offences last year to 1.6 million.
- There are 40 knife crimes a day (not all resulted in deaths)
Chris Preddie grew up on the fringes of gangs and drugs, and is a cousin of Damilola Taylor’s killers. Yet, aged 24, he is being awarded an OBE for his youth work. Chris Preddie first became well known because of a video he had made were he exposed the gang point system. This system is were gang members purposely try to commit as many crimes a possible in order to compete against one another and boast. Many people believe that drill and rap music is responsible or has contributed to a lot of the violence. Which I do not agree entirely, however I do think that drill music could increase someones already high intensive to commit a crime (Knife crime). The majority of the children who commit knife crimes come from a poor single parent household and do not have very positive influences in their lives. If they were to change the environment that a lot of these children are in, it would obviously have a positive affect on them. Furthermore I have noticed that there has been a decrease in the support towards youth groups. That is one way that the government could help young children stay away from crime.
Technology use ;
I am using these statistics to show the extreme use of technology all over the world, This is to prove how easily assessable it is.
- Over 3.8 billion people use the internet today, which is 40% of the world’s population.
- 8 billion devices will be connected to the internet by 2020.
- More than 570 new websites are created every minute.
- There are over 3.5 billion searches per day on Google.
- Every minute 24 hours of video is uploaded to YouTube. More video content is uploaded to YouTube in a 60-day period than the three major U.S. television networks created in 60 years.
- By 2020, video will account for about 80% of all internet traffic.
- 340,000 tweets are sent per minute.
- 500 million tweets are sent per day.
- Facebook has more than 2 billion active users who have an average of 155 friends.
- There are more than 300 million photos uploaded to Facebook every day, 800 million likes per day, and 175 million love reactions per day.
- Your online reputation and privacy worst enemies are WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Google, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Facebook is a divorce lawyers best friend. In fact, 1 in 7 divorces are blamed on Facebook.
- Over 4.2 billion data records were stolen in 2016More than 88 million people will be born this year. They will be born into a data and algorithm economy.
- We are in the age of Big Data. 16 zettabytes (16×1021) of unique new data created worldwide in 2016.
- 90% of the world’s data has been created in the last couple years.
- 250 million hours of TV shows and movies are watched daily via Netflix
- More than 56 million hours of music is streamed daily.
- We spend more than 33 million hours playing the game League of Legends
- The amount of technical information is doubling every 2 years. For students starting a 4-year technical or college degree, this means ½ of what they learn in their first year of study will be outdated by their 3rd year of study.
- There are currently 7.5 billion people on the planet and in 2050 there will be 10 billion people.
- In 1900 14% of the population lived in cities. In 2017 54% of the population lives in cities.
- Every minute 7 babies are born in the US, 32 babies are born in China, and 47 babies are born in India.
- 25% of the population in China with the highest IQ’s is greater than the population in North America… in India it’s the top 28%. Both China and India have more honor kids than North America has kids.
- For the first time in history, we have 4 generations working side by side. Traditionalist, Boomer, Gen X, and Millennial. Each are very different in the way they grew up communicating.
- A new term has been created, “The Silver Surfer” for those seniors +50 who use the internet on a frequent basis.
- The top in-demand jobs that barely existed 10 years ago are Digital Marketing, Cloud Specialist, Social Media Intern, Fintech Manager, IOS and Android Developer, Uber Driver, Data Scientist, Big Data Architect, Transformation Manager.
- We are currently preparing students for jobs that don’t exist using technologies that haven’t been invented; in order to solve problems that we don’t even know are problems yet.
- 10 years ago (2007), Apple launched its first iPhone. 2.3 billion people now own an iPhone now.
- Candy Crush earns more than $1.74 million per day and over $636 million per year.
- In August 2017 Bitcoin Cryptocurrency Prices reached the $4000 mark.
- 10 million self-driving cars will be on the road by 2020.
- In 2013, Amazon had 1,000 robots operating in its warehouses. Now Amazon has 45,000 robots operating across 20 warehouses.
- 47% of jobs will disappear in the next 25 years as robots will replace 5 million workers by 2020.
- The Digital Revolution is just starting. A working Quantum Computer could arrive within the next 10 years. It will enable exponential jumps in computing power. Artificial intelligence will outperform humans in many activities in the next 10 years.
Us household statistics on children younger then 8 Technology use ;
- Television adoption is almost universal – 98% have a television in the home
- 72% of children have access to a computer at home
- 67% of children own a video game system (24% own a portable video game system)
- 29% of children own an educational gaming system
- 42% of children have a television in their bedroom
- 2% of children own a cell phone
- 29% of children have a video player in their bedroom
- 11% of children have a video game system in their bedroom
- 4% of children have a computer in their bedroom
- 10% of children live in a home in which the television is left on all the time (29% live in a home in which the TV is on “most” of the time)
- 68% of households have cable TV
- 80% of households have a video player
- 68% of households have speed internet
- 9% of households have an ereader
World star hip hop statistics ;
- Total A grade
- 32nd Video view rank
- 61st social blade rank
- 348,420,000 views the last 30 days
- 525,102 subscribers for the last 30 days
- 56.6k to 905.9k estimates monthly earnings
- 679.4k to 10.9m estimated yearly earnings
Social media statistics ;
Instagram fight pages ;
On every social media platform their is a massive amount of violent videos and fights that are very easily assessable.
And the list could go on …
YouTube fight channels ;
And the list could go on …
Porn statistics ;
- 64% of young people, ages 13 to 24, actively seek out pornography weekly or more often.
- Teenage girls and young women are significantly more likely to actively seek out porn than women 25 years old and above.
- A study of 14 to 19 year olds found that females who consumed pornographic videos were at a significantly greater likelihood of being victims of sexual harassment or sexual assault.
- A Swedish study of 18 year old males found that frequent users of pornography were significantly more likely to have sold or bought sex than other boys of the same age.
- A 2015 meta-analysis of 22 studies from seven countries found that internationally the consumption of pornography was significantly associated with increase in verbal and physical aggression, among males and females alike.
- A recent UK survey found that 44% of males aged 11–16 who consumed pornography reported that online pornography gave them ideas about the type of sex they wanted to try.
- Porn sites receive more regular traffic than Netflix, Amazon, & Twitter combined each month.
- 35% of all internet downloads are porn-related.
- 34% of internet users have been exposed to unwanted porn via ads, pop-ups, etc.
- The “teen” porn category has topped porn site searches for the last six years
- At least 30% of all data transferred across the internet is porn-related.
- he most common female role stated in porn titles is that of women in their 20’s portraying teenagers.
- Recorded child sexual exploitation (known as “child porn”) is one of the fastest-growing online businesses.
- 624,000+ child porn traders have been discovered online in the U.S.
- Between 2005 and 2009, child porn was hosted on servers located in all 50 states.
- Porn is a global, estimated $97 billion industry, with about $12 billion of that coming from the U.S.
- n 2018 alone, more than 5,517,000,000 hours of porn were consumed on the world’s largest porn site. (Porn hub Analytics)
- Eleven pornography sites are among the world’s top 300 most popular Internet sites. The most popular such site, at number 18, outranks the likes of eBay, MSN, and Netflix.
- “Lesbian” was the most-searched-for porn term on the world’s largest free porn site in 2018.
- The world’s largest free porn site also received over 33,500,000,000 site visits during 2018 alone.
- married couples who watched porn increased their risk of divorce by nearly 200 percent — more than doubling their chances of heading to divorce court.
Gore websites ;
Snuff: Murder and torture on the internet, and the people who watch it. … Thanks to the Internet, peoples’ ability to film and distribute murder to a mass audience has never been easier. The audience congregates on gore sites (also known as shock sites) like BestGore.com, GoreGrish.com, and TheYNC.com
- 10 to 15 million people go on a shock website monthly
- The website was created by the Slovak-Canadian Mark Merak
Live streaming suicide and violence ;
I have noticed that their is an overwhelming amount of videos were people live stream videos of themselves committing violence against themselves or other people. What I find particularly interesting about this is the fact that while or before committing the act they felt it also necessary to make it public. We know that many people who are depressed or unhappy tend to act out in order to get attention or get acknowledgement because we are social beings and we thrive from other peoples attention. Many people who are considering suicide or are about to probably go on suicide media to seek out attention and help, but instead get the complete opposite.
James M. Jeffrey took his own life and streamed the tragedy on Facebook Live
Evil Wuttisan pictured with his baby daughter who he killed live on Facebook
Builder Leon Jenkins, 43 as found by police with his webcam still running and internet users watching his tragic death. Police were called after 999 calls were made by Paltalk users from as far as Canada and Australia. The inquest heard it was the third similar tragedy in Britain involving users of the Paltalk site.
Steve Stephens filmed himself on Facebook shooting Mr Godwin
Hishaw slapping the six-year-old in the face
charges were announced Thursday against Jordan Hill, 18; Tesfaye cooper, 18; Tanisha Covington, 24; and Brittany Covington, 18, who filmed the video and also goes by the name Brittany Herring Four people are facing hate crime and felony charges, including kidnapping, after a “disturbing” and “brutal” video showing a man with “mental health challenges” being tied up, beaten and tortured was streamed live on Facebook “for the entire world to see,” Chicago Police say.
Suicide references in child programmes ;
In a countless amount of kid programmes their are multiple references towards death and suicide. In the popular show Sponge Bob Square Pants in season 8, there was an episode were Squid-ward attempted to commit suicide by hanging himself because he could not find a happy memory. On this show their are many episodes were a lot of the characters are seen to be depressed and acting strangely. But this did not just start as far back as the 1940s classic/popular childhood shows have been giving constant subliminal messages of suicide. By portraying scenes of people shooting themselves in the head, using bombs taking pills. So its no wonder the suicide statistics are so high when many people, at very young ages are taught to think of it as an option or easy way out.
Suicide statistics ;
- In 2017 there were 6,213 suicides in the UK and Republic of Ireland.
- Of these, 5,821 suicides were registered in the UK and 392 occurred in the Republic of Ireland.
- In the UK, men are three times as likely to take their own lives than women.
- In the Republic of Ireland, men are four times more likely to take their own lives than women.
- In the UK, the highest suicide rate was for men aged 45-49.
- In the Republic of Ireland, the highest suicide rate was for men aged 25–34 (with an almost identical rate for men aged 45–54).
- In Northern Ireland, suicide rates for both men and women are higher than other UK nations – however rates are not necessarily directly comparable.
Documentary style ;
I want my Documentary to have a similar style to Shane Dawson’s and conspiracy theory videos documentary. The topic I am going to be talking about and addressing is a very serious one, I want to atmosphere to feel haunting and slightly scary, so the viewer feels not only engaged but on edge. Something I have noticed that many conspiracy theory videos do, is they have a very particular type of music. Zeitgeist does this amazing, before the changing of video or topic they have a slight pause and then a loud bang following with melancholic music which is really effective. Because my documentary is about a very serious topic I really want the audience to understand and relate from the perspective of the victim especially when I am talking about the suicide live streams.